Holders of a Pole's Card


NOTICE: This article was last updated on the 9th of March 2021.

Before coming to Poland, you should purchase medical insurance. It is obligatory to have valid medical insurance during your whole period of studying.

After arrival in Warsaw and permanent registration at ISO, you can sign a voluntary insurance agreement with the Polish National Health Fund. With this insurance, you will have the same access to public healthcare services in Poland as Polish citizens (appointments with doctors in medical centres and stays in hospitals that signed a contract with NFZ without additional charges). If you are the holder of a Pole’s Card, this health insurance will be free of charge.


  • a valid passport + its copy;
  • a valid visa or residence permit + its copy;
  • a valid Pole’s card or the Decision of the Consul of the Republic of Poland on the Polish origin;
  • a document from the Faculty confirming your student status (please ask your Dean’s Office for this document) + its copy.
    NOTICE: You can also submit your student card if you already have it, if not – the certificate from your Dean’s Office should be enough;
  • a document confirming residence in Poland (e.g. certificate from a dorm, rental agreement) + its copy;
  • 2 application forms for the insurance of the Polish National Health Fund (the form is available here).


  • PESEL number (personal ID number) – information about how you can obtain a PESEL number may be found on this website: www.gov.pl.
NOTICE: If you are under 18, it will also be necessary to submit the consent of your parent for concluding the agreement with the Polish National Health Fund + the copy of the first page of your parent’s passport.

After collecting these documents, please visit the Office of the Polish National Health Fund (NFZ – Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia) at 8 Chałubińskiego Street, Warsaw in order to sign an agreement.

Then, please contact your Dean’s Office at WUT to make an appointment and submit a copy of the agreement signed with NFZ and a copy of your Pole’s Card. You should submit your documents to the Dean’s Office within 7 days of signing the agreement.

Useful links:

Holders of a Pole's Card
  • Currently 0 out of 5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Rating: 0/5 (0 votes cast)

Thank you for rating!

You have already rated this page, you can only rate it once!

Your rating has been changed, thanks for rating!

Log in or create a user account to rate this page.