Insurance for non-EU students


NOTICE: This article was last updated on the 9th of March 2021.

Before coming to Poland, you should purchase medical insurance. It is obligatory to have valid medical insurance during your whole period of studies.

After arrival in Warsaw and permanent registration at ISO, you can sign a voluntary insurance agreement with the Polish National Health Fund. With this insurance, you will have the same access to public healthcare services in Poland as Polish citizens (appointments with doctors in medical centres and stays in hospitals that signed a contract with NFZ without additional charges). The monthly cost of this insurance for non-EU students is PLN 55,80 (EUR 12).


  • a valid passport + its copy;
  • a valid visa or residence permit + its copy;
  • a document from the Faculty confirming your student status (please ask your Dean’s Office for this document) + its copy;
  • you can also submit your valid student card if you already have it, if not – the certificate from your Dean’s Office should be enough;
  • a document confirming residence in Poland (e.g. certificate from a dorm, rental agreement) + its copy;
  • 2 application forms for the insurance of the Polish National Health Fund (the form is available here).


  • PESEL number (personal ID number) – information about how you can obtain a PESEL number may be found on this website:
NOTICE: If you are under 18, it will also be necessary to submit the consent of your parent for concluding the agreement with the Polish National Health Fund + the copy of the first page of your parent’s passport.

After collecting these documents, please visit the Office of the Polish National Health Fund (NFZ – Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia) at 8 Chałubińskiego Street, Warsaw, in order to sign an agreement.

Then, fill in the ZUS ZZA form and submit it to the branch of the Polish Social Insurance Institution (ZUS) competent for the place where you live within 7 days of signing the agreement.

ZUS branches: Kontakt - ZUS (Oddziały, inspektoraty, biura terenowe)

It will be necessary to pay for the insurance for a given month to the bank account number of the Polish Social Insurance Institution (ZUS) until the 15th day of the next month (e.g. for July, you have to pay until the 15th of August) and to submit the social insurance statement (ZUS DRA) to ZUS for each month until the 10th day of the next month (e.g. ZUS DRA for July has to be submitted until the 10th of August).

Useful links:

Insurance for non-EU students
  • Currently 0 out of 5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Rating: 0/5 (0 votes cast)

Thank you for rating!

You have already rated this page, you can only rate it once!

Your rating has been changed, thanks for rating!

Log in or create a user account to rate this page.